Looking for ways to lose some kgs before Christmas?
Here are simple things you need to know to lose those extra kilos and look your best in that sexy Christmas dress!
1. Cut back on sugar and starch: the most important part is to cut back on sugars and starches as food rich in sugar and starch triggers the secretion of insulin which is the main fat storage hormone in the body. By just doing this you will lose up to 5 kgs in the initial 2-3 weeks. Your kidneys will shed excess sodium and water out of your body which will in return reduce bloat and unnecessary water weight.
Unhealthy Carbs: Sugary Cereals, Cakes, Flours, Bread, Jams, Refined potato
Healthy Carbs: Vegetables, Legumes, Whole grains, Fruits, Nuts, Yogurt
2. Eat food Rich in protein: Eating more of protein rich food can boost your metabolism which will help you lose weight and gain muscle mass. High protein diets can keep your fuller for a longer time which will automatically make you eat fewer calories per day.
Food Rich in Protein: Chicken, Eggs, Lean beef, Fish, Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Milk, Quinoa, Lentils, Green Peas, Chickpeas, Peanuts
3. Eat low carb veggies: Load your plate with vegetables low in carbs. A diet based on meat and vegetables contains all the fibers, vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy.
Low carbs vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Kale, Cucumber, Sprouts, Cucumber, Lettuce
4. Choose your fat sources wisely: A handful of walnuts is a better choice compared to a bag of chips. Both contain fats but the walnuts also contain minerals and vitamins whereas the processed chips are higher in sugar, salts, preservatives and trans fat. Unhealthy fats are those that are industrially produced and made to be non-perishable.
Healthy fat sources: Olive oil, Coconut oil, Avocado, Walnuts, Chia seeds, Fatty Fish, Dark Chocolate, Cheese
5. Spare some time for exercise: One of the best ways to stick to healthy eating is by exercising. It is said that workouts may help keep your hunger under control. Get a pair of dumbbells and do some free hands exercise. Running is also proven to be one of the best ways to shed kgs.
6. Water is the magic drink: Drinking water increases the number of calories you burn. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. This way your kidneys eliminate toxins and waste products from the blood and urine. If you don’t drink enough water, your kidneys won’t have enough fluid to function properly. Instead of flushing metabolic waste out through the bladder, your body holds on to toxins.
Set yourself up for success by taking charge of the food you eat. Understanding when to eat, how much to eat, and what foods to eat will alone help you reach half your goal!
- Don't starve yourself
- Don't skip breakfast
- Get more active
- Take a stroll every 2 hours
- Use a smaller plate
- Read food labels
- Cut down on alcohol
- Eat every 2.5 hours
- keep an eye on your food portion
- Cook your own food
- Don't load your fridge with unhealthy stuff
- Try to eat dinner earlier
- Drink more water
- Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time
- Find an exercise you enjoy
- Add more veggies to your main courses
- Eat vegetables raw or steamed
- Get enough sleep
- Set goals
- Track your progress
HAPPY Christmas in advance :-)